Sports regime demands too many exercises. Such exercises can leave a great strain on your body. These kinds of strain can grow to develop into cramps with time. After extensive exercise, you may want to get a hot water bath or soothing massage that can relieve you of your pain. Sports massage not only provides a great respite from the pain and stress of the body and mind. Sports massage therapists are trained in treating these kinds of stress. They are experienced in providing a wide range of therapy like trigger point therapy, relaxation response, hot stone massage, and deep tissue technique. These all are available at Sports Massage Auckland.
Importance of massage therapy
Sports can prove to be very tiring sometimes. It may lead to wear and tear of the muscles, which if not treated on time can become serious and lead to severe pain. The tissues may get affected during extensive exercises. Massage therapy keeps factors like nutrition, hydration stress level, illness, and even chemical imbalance in records and works accordingly. Massages involve not only relieves the body from pain but also mind. Therapists also help you get emotional and physical freedom. They provide preventive care for the well-being of the sportsmen and women. It enables the sportsperson to coordinate better and helps you get rid of problems that are stopping the sportsperson to follow particular training sessions.
The benefits of massage therapy
- Enhances and increases blood circulation
- Relieves muscle tension
- Reduces tight muscles or adhesions
- Instantly relieves soreness and pain
- Improves flexibility and maintains the health of muscles
Role of massage in sports
Since ancient ages, massage has been an instant answer to all sports or adventure related problems. There are very rare physical therapists that specialize in sports medicine and therapy. Sports massage techniques involve a wide range of treatment options that provides speedy recovery and helps in providing clinical rehabilitation. With time the sports massage has developed some very effective programs and treatments that clinically significant. Nowadays, massage therapy is getting promoted as an option for treating conditions like stress, musculoskeletal injuries, muscle tear and even cancer. Many sportspeople have followed this treatment and achieved great results. This therapy is being used as a tool to treat athlete’s recovery that can be caused by intensive exercises.
Different kinds of massages
- Cross- friction massage or more popularly known as Deep transverse friction massage
- The Petrissage technique involves wringing, scooping strokes, and kneading. According to the tolerance level of the patient, the pressure is maintained.
- Effleurage technique is a particular massage technique is performed typically in a proximal to distal sequence along the length of the patient’s muscle. This particular technique is executed throughout the routine, which is performed with smooth strokes by slowly applying gentle or light pressure.
These massages have to be conducted under the supervision of professional sports massage therapists. Only a licensed therapist can understand the body of a sportsperson and the needs. With good therapy, any kind of injury or stress of the body can be treated and bring the body back to its perfect state.